Monday, March 21, 2011



Wow. It's March 20th. Time is marching and all that. I have been working on a marathon quilt now for at least half a year. It's not a marathon quilt because it took so long to complete (which it did), but because it's comprised of over 50 t-shirts representing a marathon run in each state and DC. Not run by me. I should really bold that statement. Not run by me. The gentlemen who ran the marathons thought it would be great to have a quilt of his t's and I was happy to take on that project. I just didn't know it would take me so long to complete! Quilt has been delivered and I am happy to share some pictures now.

And here is my super jazzed face after working an afternoon and delivering a quilt! Yay! Finishing a project feels so good and making quilts for people really does make me feel good too.

2 comments:

Jenny Squawk said...

Awesome finish. T-shirt quilts seem like a fun idea but a monster of a quilt to tackle.

kait. said...

I love it! How did you make the quilt? I have a tshirt quilt commission in the works and aren't quite sure how to work with knits. I'd love some tips!