Sunday, June 14, 2009

Sleep, sleep tonight

Elusive, that dang sleep. Must sleep now. Or not.

I have been very disengaged from my bloggy here. That's okay. Sometimes there is just not enough time in the day for all things. And if you are like me, there are too many projects, both real and imagined, floating around in the DOIT stratosphere.

Currently, I am working on 2 quilts for friends. One is a wedding gift for my friend's friend. The other is a wall hanging quilt for a friend's wall. It is wide open-she gave me a pillow from her room and said have at it. I sketched a few ideas. The colors are a bit problematic-only because the place where I buy my solids has horrible lighting and when I got the colors home with the pillow and used my sunlight and ott light, I said "Huh???" S'okay, I'll figure it out. Feels strange not to be working from my stash.

Here are a few blocks I have done for my online quilting bee group. I love doing blocks. For awhile, I was doing mini quilts in my flickr swap groups, but those got a little overwhelming when I started getting some actual paid work. Okay, like 2 things of paid work. But still, getting paid is a good thing. Unless you hate what you are doing. But, even then, it is still a good thing. I love sewing and figuring sewing things out, so no hate involved.




I apologize for the blurriness here. Youch. It was a bad picture taking day. Cloudy outside and me, in a hurry as usual, to mail these off.


And these as well. I actually took these in my car outside of the PO.

Last night we watched Gran Torino. Good movie. And I would love that car. I was just wondering why Korean War vets are portrayed as grumpy, caustic, curmudgeons with a talent for fixing things up...think Red Foreman. Maybe these are our current Archie Bunkers.

Well, off to surf. Happy Sunday.

No comments: