Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Bee Nice to Your Friends

Ha Ha! Look what my Buzz Cutter Friends have been sending me:


I am really enjoying everyone's creativity. One of my favorite things about these online quilting bees is the variety of quilters' ideas that come from the same fabric.

Since I am not sending out blocks this month, I started another little somethin somethin with seahorse fabrics and turquoise:


With no plans in mind, I decided to try my hand at semi circles, and maybe circles after the semis. Here are 2 that are not ironed.


And a pile of semi circles waiting for their set in fabric:


This afternoon, I had a nice little break at my favorite coffee shop and sketched an idea for all my half circles. I usually work the other way-sketch an idea first, sew next. However, cutting out those circles (with the uber cool ez quilt circle template) gave me some great ideas. Which is good for these super windy cold days. Keep warm!

No comments: