Sunday, January 17, 2010

After many months of staring at green foam sitting in this quaint chair frame, finally I made the cushion covers. One down on my list of projects I need to do for my home and family. I've had the fabric for ages as well. Other things kept getting in the way!
I've decided that I will be making binding this way until I get my handy dandy binding machine. I make lotso binding and for some reason, drawing the lines with chalk and then cutting worked out better for me than simply using my rotary cutter. And there was something relaxing about using the chalk.

It was really an easy project, and only slightly snarky...sometimes my machine did not like all the layers and seams in the binding. The chair turned out pretty well and is the perfect "sitting in front of the tv and pinning or hand sewing" in my studio chair.

In fact, it is so comfy that someone else got to it before I did!

Did I mention that I grabbed this chair at my favorite thrift store for $5? Bargain!

This week, I am working on a few things for one of my flickr swap groups, 6" x 12" minis. I'm making 3 valentine inspired blocks and for my S.T.U.D. flickr group I am making a valentine inspired mini. I'll probably construct them all at the same time. My idea right now is to use pieced half circles and triangles. I'll show ya all about it later.

Another very exciting upcoming event is the first meeting of the Triangle Modern Quilt Guild in February. So far, we're up to 31 members! I am looking forward to meeting other quilty folks in the area. In one of our forum posts, I ran across the Craft Hope site. This group helps others in need by working on various projects and donating them to various organizations. Right now, they are running an Etsy site to benefit the people of Haiti by donating to Doctors without Borders. Many different sellers have donated items that are sold on the site with all proceeds going to Doctors without Borders.

I'm off to do some sewing. Enjoy your evening.

No comments: