Friday, May 14, 2010

I'll stop the world

Sometimes, life throws a curve ball. I don't play sports, so I'm thinking one should either get out of the way or get smacked by the ball. After my period of intense sewing to get ready for a show, I'm back to my puttering about the studio. The show went well, although foot traffic was slow. Some friends stopped by to see me, which is always fun. And as always, I had time to think about what sells, what doesn't and what I really want to be spending my time doing. Sewing, naturally. The summer is coming up and as a sahm, that means I won't be sewing as much as during the school year. I like to sketch and read though when we're at the pool or the beach and that helps to keep my ideas percolating. I've decided I have way too much fabric, so I may be going on a fabric diet this summer as well until I sew down some of this stash. Does the summer change what you do?

3 comments:

JournoMich said...

Hmmm...Yes. Why is there no school in the summer? Maybe yearround has the right idea.

Michele
SouthernCityMysteries

Sara said...

Yes and no. My dh is a teacher and he always looks forward to summer vacation. He has a list of places to go, things to do, etc. For me, it's another day of work, same old-same old. I struggle, sometimes, with it b/c he's in 'vacation' mode and I'm not. It usually takes us a week or so to get in to a summer groove. I find that I don't sew as much in my sewing room during the summer. This summer I'm going to work on hexies - I figure since they're portable and small it will give me a sewing fix during the hot months. Also, I find I do more knitting in the summer - again, it's portable.

Rachel Ellington said...

Sara-I'll look forward to seeing your hexies! Might be time for me to dig into my crochet projects again.