Sunday, April 13, 2008

Super relaxing weekend

Here's the turquoise quilty! How nice is that batik that has been hanging around my stash for over a year, waiting to be used? I quilted some crazy folk artish circles in each of the colored squares and then, using the walking foot and guide, quilted some spiraling blocks. The back and binding are the same as the batik. I do love a spotted fabric too.



This weekend we had a First Birthday party to attend. I decided to make a little pillowcase dress for Miss Birthday girl. I practiced and made a little nightgown, which turned out, well, eh, not so great. I made self binding for the arm and tried to use my simple binder foot. That was sort of a disaster, but not entirely. Does anyone have any hints about using that thing on armholes? It seems to do fine on a straight run, but I couldn't figure out how to make it work for the curves. I gave up and just applied the binding to the armhole using lotso pins. I was intrigued by the idea of using a binder foot for a quilt. I might go to my LQS and have a look see at the binding feet options.




It's back to the grind tomorrow, after a lovely spring day today. We're supposed to get a "freeze" this week, which I am dreading. My plants are coming up! The clematis has 3 blooms on it! Hold on there, flowers, don't get too cold! Time to contemplate my next quilt. Perhaps a snowball quilt? Hmmmm. Probably, a more likely venture will be to sew down my stash. I love the thought of turning all that pretty fabric into something fun and useful. Enjoy the flowers.

No comments: