Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Fall is coming, fall is coming, is fall here? Is fall here? (To the tune of Brother John/Frere Jacque). Weather is cooling off, but I've been fooled before!

Ah, after all of our wet soggy rains, which we needed and were lovely, there were lots of mushrooms out and about. Do you remember, when you were a kid, stomping on those mushrooms that would emit brown dust? I found one of those the other day and the kids and I stomped and stomped. It sounds kind of evil, doesn't it? But it's all good fun. So, for my September mini quilt swap, I redid my mushrooms quilt and made it a bit more colorful.

I think it turned out pretty well. I had started with brown tops and red and white striped gills, but went this route instead. Mushrooms and owls are all the rage right now, aren't they?

Another project I worked on this week was this Mini Quilt inspired by Inspire Me Thursday. The inspiration word for that week was opposites. Do you see the opposites? Bit of a stretch, right? But it did get the ideas flowing and a project finished, which is what inspiration is about.



As the cooler winds blow in, thoughts turn to my birthday (edging closer to 40) and Halloween. I have a few projects in mind for Halloween that the kids and I can do. As always, Living magazine has some fun ideas and so does Family Fun magazine from last year. Have a fallish good day!

No comments: