Tuesday, September 30, 2008


I'm making a few things that are easy and cute that can be used as small hostess gifts and may go on my Etsy shop. Dishtowels! I don't know about you, but I can always use more of those. I do things the easy way-I buy some plain dishtowels and fancy 'em up. Very easy stuff. Just cut a strip of fabric the width of dishtowel in any width (I think this is about 3"). Then, I sew 1/4" on each long side and go visit the iron. The iron and I have a testy relationship, which mainly involves me burning myself. The stitching helps me turn over a nice straight 1/4" without burning my fingers and saying Ow! After steaming the 1/4" down, I go back to the machine and sew on the strip with a 1/4" stitch. Voila! Easy little useful gift. Ta ta for now!

3 comments:

jacquie said...

great idea! i suffer from burned fingers too.

Wendy said...

Very cute idea...Wendy www.therunningquilter.blogspot.com

Rita said...

Hey, I love this idea! This will be terrific for our Fall Festival Craft at Church. Keep the easy, cute stuff coming!