Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Word for 2010

I recently read an interesting blog post about choosing a word of the year and using that as a starting point for the upcoming year, rather than resolutions. That idea is me because I don't like resolutions. Too much starting and stopping. But a word, I can do. This last week of December is always fun for me. I like to clean out as many nooks and crannies as I can, take as much to Goodwill as I can, and start the new calendar!

I look forward to all of the inspiration that seems to pour from the world around me. I will be completing some artsy quilts this year, as well as all the other fun stuff I like to get up to. My studio and I had to take a break while we had company over the holidays and now I am slowly getting back in there. It is time to tackle the scraps box. I do use many of my scraps, but there is definitely potential for more use. This week's project is to just cut those scraps up into sizes I can work with instead of the mangled bits and pieces I see right now.

I'll leave off for 2009 with a look at one of my fav places in the world. Because....olivethebeach.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Look at that beautiful water! A sight for cold eyes...! Wishing you a wonderful New Year in 2010~